We prepared a report for the Department of Social Services proposing options for improving evidence based policy capabilities, extending work previously undertaken for FaHCSIA.
The report included:
- an assessment of management information capabilities across DSS
- an assessment of DSS’s leadership role in Commonwealth in respect of social policy evidence
- a strategic plan to improve the data capabilities of staff and the evidence base for policy development and program administration
- an assessment of the implications of the Public Management Reform Agenda and Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act
- proposed reforms to IT governance, systems, structures and practices which were necessary to support improved evidence based capabilities